The very Northeast of the Aiguilles Rouges mountain range
The Lac Blanc is one of the most popular hike you can do in Chamonix-Mont Blanc. It offers a point of view incomparable towards the Aiguille Verte, the Mer de Glace, the Grandes Jorasses and other peaks above Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. It takes about 5 hours to complete this hike by the lift car from Flégère (breaks included). From 8.
This hike requires a booking from 9:30 to 16:00 (04:00 pm).
Booking includes 20% deposit of the guiding price.
Lunch included (check the tab “Lunch”)
The lift pass is not included (+€14.30/pers. €12.20/-15 yo)
The Lac Blanc in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
The Lac Blanc is a lake at the altitude of 2352m located in the Aiguilles Rouges mountain range. We will meet each other at the bottom of the Flégère lift car (check the tab “Meeting Point”). Once at the top of the lift, we will follow the 4WD track before catching back the trail leading to the Lac Blanc. At the Lac Blanc refuge just above the lake, we will take our lunch and enjoy the view. Depending of the season, the lake might be covered by ice. The way down will lead us to the Lacs des Chéserys giving us another wonderful point of view in a more peaceful atmosphere. On our way to the Aiguillette d’Argentière, we will have to go down a ladder before finishing our walk to the Montroc train station.
Here is the elevation profile for the hike to the Lac Blanc to give you an idea:
Ambition Outdoor provides snack for everyone
Depending of your diet, we can offer you three different menu:
- Local sandwich: local ham, local cheese, butter, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Vegan sandwich: carrots, cucumber, olives, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Kids: a smaller local/ vegan sandwich + crisps + mixed fruit (apple)
- Lac Blanc Refuge: a la carte (in option – not included in the tour)
Please, let me know your preference in the checkout text box.
What you shloud wear for this hike
In the mountains, the weather can evolve quickly and change from one day to another. Therefore I invite you to download the app MeteoFrance and set the location to “Chamonix-Mont-Blanc with the mountain pictogram.
What you must always have with you:
- Sun cream
- Windproof/Rainproof jacket
- Technical clothing (no cotton fabric)
- Hiking socks (such as Decatlon © Forclaz 900)
- Anti-chafing cream NOK (available at the drug store)
- Real hiking shoes ( as for instance the Scarpa © Zen pro)
- 2 litres of water/person
- Cereal bars and/or dried fruits
- Hiking poles (highly recommended)
If it is hot:
- A pair of technical shorts (for example the shorts Decathlon © Forlcaz 500)
- Short sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
If it is raining/cold:
- Rain pants
- A pair of technical pants (like the Pants Decathlon © MH 500)
- Long sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
- Textile collar like BUFF©