In the heart of the Aiguilles Rouges mountain range
This hike to the Lac Cornu and the Lacs Noirs is a good option if you have already been to Lac Blanc or if you are looking for a less crowded atmosphere. Allow 5 hours (breaks included) by the gondola lift from Planpraz and the lift car from Flégère. From 8.
This hike requires a booking from 9:30 to 16:00 (04:00 pm).
Booking includes 20% deposit of the guiding price.
Lunch included (check the tab “Lunch”)
The lift pass is not included (+€18/pers. €15.30/-15 yo)
The Lac Cornu and Lacs Noirs in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
This hike to the lac Cornu (2276m) and the lacs Noirs (2535m) is not as popular as the Lac Blanc for those visiting Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. Therefore the atmosphere will be more relaxed to appreciate the view towards Les Rochers des Fiz and the Aravis mountain ranges. Meet me at the bar restaurant La Cab’ at 9:30am (Check the tab “Meeting Point”). The first part of this hike to the lac Cornu takes place along the mountain side, on trails 4 feet wide and flat rock slabs. This hike is getting harder near the lac Cornu Pass (2406m). After the pass, you will discover a splendid mineral landscape surrounding a deep blue lake in a heart shape: the Lac Cornu. The Lacs Noirs are just 45 minutes away. There is a lot of chance their are still ice covered! Several chamois will look at you from a boulder out of the corners of their eyes. The trail from la Gliere pass (2461m) is a little bit technical at the start before we go down towards the lift car at Flégère. The way back to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc will be by bus (line n°1 toward les Houches, n°2 towards Le Tour or Les Bossons).
Here is the elevation profile of this hike to give you an idea of the difficulty:
Ambition Outdoor provides snack for everyone
Depending of your diet, we can offer you three different menu:
- Local sandwich: local ham, local cheese, butter, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Vegan sandwich: carotts, cucumber, olives, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Kids: a smaller local/ vegan sandwich + crisps + mixed fruit (apple)
Please, let me know your preference in the checkout text box.
What you shloud wear for this hike
In the mountains, the weather can evolve quickly and change from one day to another. Therefore I invite you to download the app MeteoFrance and set the location to “Chamonix-Mont-Blanc with the mountain pictogram.
What you must always have with you:
- Sun cream
- Windproof/Rainproof jacket
- Technical clothing (no cotton fabric)
- Hiking socks (such as Decatlon © Forclaz 900)
- Anti-chafing cream NOK (available at the drug store)
- Real hiking shoes ( as for instance the Scarpa © Zen pro)
- 2 litres of water/person
- Cereal bars and/or dried fruits
- Hiking poles (highly recommended)
If it is hot:
- A pair of technical shorts (for example the shorts Decathlon © Forlcaz 500)
- Short sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
If it is raining/cold:
- Rain pants
- A pair of technical pants (like the Pants Decathlon © MH 500)
- Long sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
- Textile collar like BUFF©