The very Northwest of the Mont-Blanc mountain range
The Aiguillette des Posettes is a really popular hike during the week-end in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, to come relax in nature and enjoy a great view towards the Mont-Blanc and the Aiguilles Rouges mountain ranges. About 4 hours walking (breaks included). From 8.
This hike requires a booking from 9:30 to 16:00 (04:00 pm).
Booking includes 20% deposit of the guiding price.
Lunch included (check the tab “Lunch”)
The lift pass for the lift car is not included (+ €14.30/pers. €12.20/-15 yo)
The Aiguillette des Posettes in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
We will meet each other at the restaurant Le Passon at the top of Le Tour village (check the tab “Meeting Point) where we will take the Charamillon gondola lift (14.30€/adult 12.20€/ -15 yo). We will follow the dirt track to the restaurant Les Alpages offering tasty traditional dishes. After a very nice lunch, we will slowly go up to the Aiguillette des Posettes (2201m) to enjoy a 360° view and finish our digestion. The final part will take you in a colorful flora down to the Montroc train station by hiking on the crest and then in the forest. The bus n°2 or 12 will take us back to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.
Here is the elevation profile for this hike to give you an idea about the difficulty:
Ambition Outdoor provides snack for everyone
Depending of your diet, we can offer you three different menu:
- Local sandwich: local ham, local cheese, butter, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Vegan sandwich: carrot, cucumber, olives, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Kids: a smaller local/ vegan sandwich + crisps + mixed fruit (apple)
- Restaurant les Alpages: A la carte (in option – not included)
Please, let me know your preference in the checkout text box.
What you should wear for this hike
In the mountains, the weather can evolve quickly and change from one day to another. Therefore I invite you to download the app MeteoFrance and set the location to “Chamonix-Mont-Blanc” with the mountain pictogram.
What you must always have with you:
- Sun cream
- Windproof/Rainproof jacket
- Technical clothing (no coton fabric)
- Hiking socks (such as Decatlon © Forclaz 900)
- Anti-chafing cream NOK (available at the drug store)
- Real hiking shoes ( as for instance the Scarpa © Zen pro)
- 2 litres of water/person
- Cereal bars and/or dried fruits
- Hiking poles (highly recommended)
If it is hot:
- A pair of technical shorts (for example the shorts Decathlon © Forclaz 500)
- Short sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
If it is raining/cold:
- Rain pants
- A pair of technical pants (like the Pants Decathlon © MH 500)
- Long sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
- Textile collar like BUFF©