Discover the beauty of Mont-Blanc on your bike
Mountain Biking is a sport activity you can do in so many different ways that everyone can enjoy it. From the quiet Sunday ride to the expedition on multiple days, mountain biking will always be fun!
Photo Credit: Quentin Iglésis
I work with three bike rental shops depending your location:
- Chamonix Mont-Blanc: Legend CHX
- Megève: Alpes Aventures
- Saint Gervais les Bains / Combloux: Riding Zone
Guiding price for 5 to 8 people
The widest bicycles choice around Chamonix
With more than 80 bikes available for rental Legend CHX offers the most important choice of bicycles around Chamonix either muscular or electric, hardtail or dual suspensions. They also provide solutions for kids and babies. Good point: Helmets, body protections and repair kit are included with your bike rental.
To book your bicycles with Legend CHX, the best way is to visit their website and select the bike you want to rent. The next page will show you a form for this specific bike: price rates, your dates, rider height, pedals and brakes preferences. If you want different bicycles, specify the model and your preferences for each rider in the “comments” area.
- In high season, I advise you to book 2 weeks/1 month in advance if you want e-bikes or enduro bikes.
- Booking will only be done once you’d paid the 20% deposit for your rental.
- Make sure you have a sufficient balance on your account for safety deposit (up to 1500€/bike)
- All booking starts between 9:00 and 10:00 am
- Shop is closed between 12:30 and 03:00 pm (or 02:00 pm between July 14th to August 15th)
- You cannot park your car on Legend’s carpark . Customers can park 15min max.
A brand new e-bike rental shop in Megève: Alpes Aventures
Alpes Aventures is a brand new rental shop in Megève helped by a bigger group called Dvélos. They have around 20 muscular and electric bikes to rent. They provide their own guiding experience and offer different destinations depending your project, as well as courses to improve your mountain biking skills. Alpes Aventures’ website is well designed to find any type of informations quickly.
The closest e-bikes rental for Saint Gervais and Combloux
Riding Zone is well located in Combloux if you live nearby. You can park for free on the city council carpark. They only have a dozen of e-bike to rent either “Trek Rail” or “Giant Trance X E+”. They don’t have a website. Make sure you call them to know e-bikes availability.
Directions (click on the map)
Clothing and MTB Settings
What you should wear for this guided Tour
Here are some recommendations :
- Cyclist shorts with chamois pads
- Shorts or leggings
- Synthetic short sleeves T-shirt.
- (Sun)glasses protection
- Gloves, Helmet et elbow/knee pads
- Backpack 15L/person minimum
- Water Tank 1.5L/person minimum
- Cereals bars and dry fruits
- A credit card for the bike rental deposit (up to €1500/MTB)
NO AMERICAN EXPRES
Everyone has different preferences to set his/her mountain bike. Please specify in the comments box for the shop if you want to:
- Mount your own pedals (shops have Shimano & Crankbrothers)
- Reverse your break (Right hand: front break)
- Your weight fully equipped to adjust (E-) bike suspensions