Fatbike: a mountain bike with fat tyres
FatBikes come from Alaska; although the first design was created by the French cyclist Jean Naud in 1980. It’s truly an all-rounder: weather or tracks conditions do not matter. FatBikes stand out during winter when tracks are covered by a light snow layer: no one is better than it for this! As you will see, there are not many flat trails around the valley of Chamonix. You will be happy riding an Electric Fatbike!
Photo Credit : Marc Chaudeur Photographies
Rates and Contact
Here is how to book for a guided e-fatbike tour:
Book your e-bike at Legend CHX
using the Rental Form
E-Fat Bike:€50/person (helmet included)
A €800/MTB Safety Deposit on your Credit Card is COMPULSORY.
Once you have got your Fat bikes with Legend CHX, call me (my phone number is in the footer). I only work with Legend CHX for mountain biking tour, therefore if you were able to rent Fat bikes, I will be able to lead you.
- €130 / 2hrs
- €185 / 3hrs
5 to 8 people
- €150 / 2hrs
- €215 / 3hrs
- €300 / 2hrs
- €420 / 3hrs
A wonderful MTB tour in the Valley of Chamonix
Regarding when you’ve managed to rent your electric fat bikes, we will meet at Legend CHX. Here I will explain to you how the electric assistance works before we go. During our tour, I’ll give you informations about how to react and how to use your E-bike depending the difficulties ahead. Be reassured, I only take you where you feel comfortable or capable at. My advices will help you to excel in places you never thought to be capable of!
What should you take for this E-fatbike tour?
For your own comfort, please follow these recommendations to fully enjoy our E-FatBike tour in Mont-Blanc area.
- Woolly hat
- Warm hiking gloves (with thermal liner when temperatures < 0°C)
- Synthetic or merino wool long sleeves base layer
- Warm jumper
- If < 0°C a down jacket
- Ski or Gore-Tex ® jacket
- Ski pants or long stuffed pants
- If < 0°C synthetic or Merino wool legging base layer 3/4 or full
- Gaiters to keep your feet dry
- Warm socks
- Waterproof and warm shoes
- Small Backpack (15L minimum)
- Thermos filled with a hot beverage
- Cereal bars or hard fruits (apple, dry fruits, …)
- Polarised sunglasses
- Credit Card for the bike deposit (up to €1000/bike)
No American Express for the deposit
- Cash (€) for a beverage in refuge