At the very west of the Aiguilles Rouges mountain range
This hike leads to the top of the Aiguillette des Houches and requires a good level of fitness to endure long and intense efforts. About 7 hours walking (breaks included).
This hike requires a booking from 9:30 to 16:00 (04:00 pm).
Booking includes 20% of the guiding price.
Lunch included (check the tab “lunch”).
The Aiguillette des Houches in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
This hike to the Aiguillette des Houches starts from the lake of “les Gaillands” (check the tab “meeting point”). The first ascent to the Bellachat refuge is long and physical (about 2 hours). At the refuge, we will enjoy our lunch and admire the view towards the Mont-Blanc mountain range. Once we have recovered, we will be able to appreciate the beauty of the crest separating the Aiguillette du Brévent from the Aiguillette des Houches offering one of the most beautiful view towards the valley of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. On the way down, we will stop at the Chalets de Chailloux for a beverage before ending our hike at the Gaillands.
Here is the elevation profile to give you an idea:
Ambition Outdoor provides snack for everyone
Depending of your diet, we can offer you three different menu:
- Local sandwich: local ham, local cheese, butter, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Vegan sandwich: carrots, cucumber, olives, lettuce, tomatoes + crisps
- Kids: a smaller local/ vegan sandwich + crisps + mixed fruit (apple)
- Bellachat Refuge: a la carte (in option + €12/pers. – not n included in the tour)
Please, let me know your preference in the checkout text box.
What you should wear for this hike
In the mountains, the weather can evolve quickly and change from one day to another. Therefore I invite you to download the app MeteoFrance and set the location to “Chamonix-Mont-Blanc with the mountain pictogram.
What you must always have with you:
- Sun cream
- Windproof/Rainproof jacket
- Technical clothing (no cotton fabric)
- Hiking socks (such as Decatlon © Forclaz 900)
- Anti-chafing cream NOK (available at the drug store)
- Real hiking shoes ( as for instance the Scarpa © Zen pro)
- 2 litres of water/person
- Cereal bars and/or dried fruits
- Hiking poles (highly recommended)
If it is hot:
- A pair of technical shorts (for example the shorts Decathlon © Forlcaz 500)
- Short sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
If it is raining/cold:
- Rain pants
- A pair of technical pants (like the Pants Decathlon © MH 500)
- Long sleeves synthetic T-shirt with zip
- Textile collar like BUFF©